Friday, September 10, 2010

Roller Coasters after Bariatric Surgery?



Yesterday I saw Stephanie, a patient of mine, in the office one week after a laparoscopic gastric bypass operation. I was surprised when she asked if she could ride the roller coasters at Cedar Point amusement park just 11 days after her operation. She said she loved roller coasters and especially enjoyed the rides that make her hang upside down!

I said I was delighted she was doing so well she wanted to ride the rides at an amusement park a week or so after her operation. However, even if it does not injure you, hanging upside down is for bats not humans!

6 comments:

  1. So what's the final assessment ... did you approve or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggested she wait a couple more weeks before getting on a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really makes sense Dr. Myers. "hanging upside down is for bats not humans!" I guess she really love to ride the roller coaster to the point that, she forgot that she just went gastric bypass surgery 11 days ago. I'm afraid she might suffer internal injuries if she did. Good thing she talked to you first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bariatric surgery is a such a successful and so much popular treatment in the world. it removes the extra protein from the body and lose a so much weight from the body.

    bariatric surgery

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you .........
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had my gastric bypass surgery feb 24 2012 and its now may 7 2012 my starting weight was 245 pounds and now its 193 and i feel great ....on july 20 im going to canadas wanderland and im going on all the rides its going to be a great day

    ReplyDelete