Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today I was thinking about...

Today was a good day for our patients. This morning I arrived late because of the snow, but we were able to do a laproscopic Gastric Sleeve operation on one of our patients and a laproscopic Gastric Bypass on another. After seeing my other patients at the hospital and meeting with the Statistician about some research, I was able to brave the snow once again and get to the Fresh Start Office to see the Post-Op patients that were operated on last week. They are all doing very well and it is so exciting to be a part of their journey. One patient is a diabetic who used to be on over 100 units of insulin a day. And now one week after his operation he is on no insulin and his blood sugar no longer requires any insulin or other diabetic medication. As he continues to lose the weight, it would be wonderful is he no longer needed diabetic medication. How cool is that?!The office is over now and I must brave this storm to get home to my precious wife. Hope to post again tomorrow after more operations.


No comments:

Post a Comment