Thursday, October 14, 2010

Results of the First Eleven Robot Assisted Gastric Bypass Operations at Fresh Start



Left: Dr. Myers, Right: Mike Palasek, CRNFA, Robot, named "Bow Tie" center





Over the last few weeks I have been privileged to several Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass operations. I am very pleased with the initial results and I would like to share them with those who follow this blog.



Number of operations performed 11

Converted to open operations 0

Number of incisions required 4, which is 1 or 2 incisions less (2 5 mm ports and 2 12 mm ports)

Total lentht of incisions decreased by 50%

Discharged day after operation 50%

The length of time required to perform the operation has improved from 3 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 20 minutes.


In addition, we have noted the patients have much less pain in the hospital and denies any pain at the 1 week visit.

One patient was rehospitalized for an infection not related to the robotic assistanc and they are improving nicely.

Overall patients are doing very well. I will keep you informed of further progress.

2 comments:

  1. I am one of the eleven privileged to have Dr. Myers, Mike and the Bow-tie Robot perform my surgery. I had VERY minimal pain in the hospital (but of course the wonderful staff at Riverside took care of that) and NO pain after going home. I was also one that only spent one night in the hospital! The "pain-ball" that Dr. Myers uses is incredible. I'm healing quickly and am ready to go back to work after only 2 weeks. I feel great. I could not have asked a more incredible experience. THANK YOU DR. MYERS AND THE ENTIRE STAFF AT FRESH START BARIATRICS AND RIVERSIDE HOSPITAL. You've changed my life FOREVER.

    PAT DATTILO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments, Pat. I am delighted with your progress!

    ReplyDelete